Fediverse and parasocial relationships
- Shouldn't the fediverse discourage patterns that create parasocial relationships?
- Wouldn't it be better if the standard was a symmetrical relationship between users instead of the asymmetrical follow model?
- Most big social medias thrive on parasocial-relations, is it necessary to emulate that model for success?
- Shouldn't we focus on community building and mutual friendship instead of forcing everyone to be a mini-celebrity?
- Aren't communities/groups better for discoverability than the public feeds of mastodon, pleroma,etc