A place to discuss privacy and freedom in the digital world.
Privacy has become a very important issue in modern society, with companies and governments constantly abusing their power, more and more people are waking up to the importance of digital privacy.
In this community everyone is welcome to post links and discuss topics related to privacy.
- Posting a link to a website containing tracking isn’t great, if contents of the website are behind a paywall maybe copy them into the post
- Don’t promote proprietary software
- Try to keep things on topic
- If you have a question, please try searching for previous discussions, maybe it has already been answered
- Reposts are fine, but should have at least a couple of weeks in between so that the post can reach a new audience
- Be nice :)
much thanks to @gary_host_laptop for the logo design :)
- 0 users online
- 1 user / day
- 6 users / week
- 31 users / month
- 253 users / 6 months
- 5.75K subscribers
- 2.11K Posts
- 7.52K Comments
The part I’m worried about is how long it’s going to be possible to buy hardware that’s not locked down. It’s almost impossible to buy a phone that doesn’t need to be hacked to get root nowadays.
@yogthos I think we will always have that option. Probably you will only not be able to go for the high end devices while seeking full access to your own device, your own property.
PS: No wonder why Linux phones are getting a lot of momentum lately.
I certainly hope so.