**Zrythm** is a new (still in alpha version) DAW on the not overly crowded FOSS DAW market. It's aimed at music producers, not necessarily engineers like ardour.
What I like a lot, is that it does a bit of everything, borrows nice concepts here and there, here are a few examples.
- Dragging the bottom right corner of a region duplicates the region.
- It supports all linux plugins format (I'm looking at you LMMS)
- It has a nice plugin browser, a monitor section and you can easily export stems (I'm looking at you qtractor)
- I has a chord/scale helper, perfect for creating solid harmonies.
- It has a solid MIDI system (looking at you ardour)
- It does audio and MIDI, od course
- You can modulate parameters using a modulator track (think modulate your pan or just any plugin parameter using an LFO)
It's not entirely stable yet, there a quite some little things to iron out, but it's already usable, testable, and the dev is really reactive. Please report bugs (you can even do it per email, without singing in) and support the project if you can.