In many games there are a lot of stupid filler items that you don’t know what they do and they don’t matter. (i.e. crafting ingredients). They are so ubiquitous across games that there ought to be a word for them. Sort of like a “MacGuffin” (except a MacGuffin moves the plot along, and these filler items don’t).

Is there a name for these filler items? If not, got any ideas?

    5 months ago

    There’s an actual 'clutter warehouse" in morrowind that you can get to by cheat code except nothing in there is even an ingredient. It’s all bowls and cups and pillows and things that have no function in the actual game. I think it was their test area to make sure all the meshes looked and worked right? That’s what I think of when I see “clutter” in this context.