@nutomic
admin
84M

Its really a lot, didnt even feel like that much. Here are the main things:

  • Implemented permissions for activitypub inbox (so eg a malicious instance cant delete posts made by other instances)
  • removed all unwrap() from activitypub inbox (so that errors are handled gracefully)
  • implement Undo<Dislike> for activitypub (we forgot that before)
  • implement instance blocklist

Now federation in Lemmy is officially feature complete, and we can finally focus on bug fixing and testing.

Future Me
44M

Now federation in Lemmy is officially feature complete

🎉

Dessalines
admin
creator
54M

@nutomic@lemmy.ml did much more work this last week than I, but the main things I got done are:

  • Fixed online user counts.
  • Stopped allowing preferred usernames to start with @.
  • Created a Linked instances page.
  • Some back-end code cleanup.
  • Correctly able to clear your email from user settings.
  • Some UI fixes.

I’ve got another question… Is there going to be any consideration to implement some way of reporting posts and comments anytime soon? I see that there’s an issue open for it: https://github.com/LemmyNet/lemmy/issues/340 But from reading that, it seems like there needs to be much further discussion of how specifically to implement it.

I assume that the bug fixing and testing for federation is top priority right now, but I’m wondering whether after that there will be at least further discussion of how specifically a reporting function should be done? I think that as activity on Lemmy is steadily growing (at least it feels like that, I don’t have statistics to back that claim up), such a function will become very useful in the future.

(I hope this doesn’t come over as too pushy. Words are hard for me. I’m basically trying to ask about the status and plans for a way to report content.)

Dessalines
admin
creator
34M

It still does need lots of discussion, and it needs to be done in a way that can federate. I know I’m probably in the minority, but in my experience modding, reports ( IE super downvotes) are really badly done on reddit. 80% of all reports are useless spam ( you can’t tell who sent it), and the other 20% is already downvoted to oblivion.

IMO there needs to be a way for mods to see highly downvoted / bad ratio content in a queue so they can act on it.

Maya
admin
44M

Randomsovietkid had sent me something to mod and it was helpful. Personally I’m probably able to do more modding if it’s centralized somewhere than if I have to troll the communities looking for bad actors.

Regardless, I think it’s fair that for the reasons you’re giving, this is probably a Big Ask and not coming real soon. That said, @RandomSovietKid@lemmy.ml , with this stuff, you’re free to contribute to that kind of discussion before the task is actually picked up; if there are things you want to make sure are considered in the design of such a feature, you can absolutely put in your comments on the github issue.

Dessalines
admin
creator
13M

deleted by creator

@inwardpath
13M

deleted by creator

Everything about Lemmy; bugs, gripes, praises, and advocacy.